How I lost 12 lbs in a month?



Are you thinking of losing weight?


This picture of mine is dated 09th January 2013, yesterday afternoon after i asked my kids to take a few shots of me as a memory for my holidays in Cameroon. Yeah yeah I'm still here :)

The fourth of December 2012, i landed at Douala International Airport with 155 lbs. Before i left South Africa though I was already thinking I should lose a few pounds to feel less tired.


How did I get to 155 in the first place?


As I'm really fond of Yoghurt, I ate a hell lot before my trip - don't even ask me how many? hehe-. So much I can't remember, within which I was adding dried fruits like grapes, bananas, pineapples with caramelized oatmeal.

Also, driving too much, had reduce my time for what I usually did  whenever i got time that is "Walking".

I set it on my mind first that I have to lose weight by the beginning of the year. I only started putting my desire into action when I arrived to Yaounde. 


So what changed?

 - No more yoghurt in any forms
- Quite less sugar
- Lots of vegies
- Very less oily food
- Daily infusion of lemongrass leaves

Added to all the above, spending days in a hot tropical climate has its own advantage, you'll be sweating within every move you'll make outside a roof top.

Deprived of my car during my stay, I've been mostly moving around with taxis and had to walk at some point, making me sweat more than ever.


How do I feel now?



I'm happy am achieving a goal and feel more comfortable working on my abdominals every morning with my baby girl holding my feet ;)

I still want to lose few more pounds before I leave this country around 4 more or 5 why not. I shouldn't neglect the fact that I have an average height as a woman, not that tall but tall. So don't worry I am not gonna be obsessed about being skinnier than necessary.

Got my "guitar" waist style after I gave birth to my 2 kids. Proud of it, that's my medal of courage hahaha.

I wish you all the best for the new 2013. 




Special Thanks


To Dr Dave Montgomery, follow his recommendation as I did by eliminating that one high calorie food I was eating the most : "Yoghurt" 




Good luck guys and DON'T QUIT!



Aevermint

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BHB aka "Beignets, Haricots, Bouillie"

Liman Boucar: "Le Grand Maître d'Africa"

Grocery Shopping in Mahima