Travelling to Cameroon


Above skies

I left OR Tambo International Airport in South Africa in a hurry two weeks ago. I had to board my flight going to Jomo Kenyatta in Nairobi-Kenya at midnight and only realized that at - 40 minutes from the departure. Where was I? 

Two hours before my husband and I started moving in all senses to catch my luggages, we were gently having a wonderful time watching "Skyfall" (such a good movie by the way ;)

Didn't have time to have a proper goodbye episode that I was already in the air, exhausted to have beaten Usain Bolt sprint record and looking like a mushroom :)


Resting in turbulences


Here I am, watching the skies sometimes, sleeping the others or listening to music and praying to land safely in Douala International Airport from Kenya. 

I barely ate on the plane because I didn't want to feel nauseous and beside what was served was not that yummy to my taste. The orange juice though was a pure wonder.

Kenya Airways will have a positive review from me. They landed on time and the service was good. A hostess even exchange a bit of her French with me, she had an adorable accent pronouncing "Voulez-vous encore à boire?"

Welcome to Douala!



My first meal, deliciously made on the streets of Douala. This was soooo good. The woman who made this fish definitely know how to make an excellent "Poisson Braisé" that is grilling fish on charcoal.

I ate it all. When I'll return there, I will taste it again before I leave Cameroon. The fish is served here with "Miondos". 






These ones are just pealed cassava soaked in cold water for days and will be later crushed in order to have a paste then placed in green leaves as seen in the picture at your right. 


They are to be boiled for a few minutes before you eat them. 

Anyone to say "Bon appetit" to me? Hahaha



Mummy's here!




15 Hours later I'm in Yaounde. Joy everywhere, the kids are happy and me too even though it's really hot most of the time.

We are having great fun all together. You can tell on this picture that I'm not lying :)

Just yesterday we played football and now planning how to start touring museums, and the major attractions that this town has to offer. Do you mind joining us? Common' don't be shy hahaha




Aevermint





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BHB aka "Beignets, Haricots, Bouillie"

Liman Boucar: "Le Grand Maître d'Africa"

Grocery Shopping in Mahima